Hamsterdam Forum

Hamsterdam Forum

It lit.

Proud Hawkeye Dad

0 AP
Iahawx34's picture
June 22, 2017 at 9:43am

Yesterday my 2 year old son got in a fight with a much bigger 3 year old at daycare.  The daycare provider told me what happened this morning and I've never been more proud.  Here's how it played out:

My son Tom (not his real name because, you know...the Internet) shows up to daycare with an Iowa shirt featuring a large Tigerhawk on the chest.  Another boy (we'll call him James) walked up to him and commented about the 'parrot' on Tom's chest.  Tom immediately squared up to James and yelled "HAWKEYE!"  In response, James squares up and yells "PARROT!"  This went back and forth 2-3 more times, with the two boys stepping closer and  closer each time.  Eventually James is close enough and headbutts Tom on the right side of his face.  Unfazed, Tom throws a left hook and connects with the top of James' head.  By the time the daycare provider was able to step in, they had taken the brawl to the ground after a series of moves that the Brands brothers would be proud of.  

My son (Tom) walked away with a few bumps and bruises, but overall both kids are fine and are still best buddies.  In most circumstances I wouldn't advocate for physical violence.  But this isn't most circumstances.  

TL;DR - Larger boy disrespected Tigerhawk on my son's shirt and my son defended it at all costs.  

View 7 Comments