Iowa Basketball Forum

Iowa Basketball Forum

Iowa Hawkeyes men's and women's basketball discussion.

Big Ten Men's Basketball Tournament - Who's Going?

0 AP
chitownhawkeye's picture
February 27, 2019 at 9:11pm
0 Comments

We're two weeks away from the B1G tournament, two weeks of sweating seeds and critical late games.
It also means that because the Tournament is back in Chicago, for many of us, getting there is an easy option.
At this point, Iowa is looking at the #6 seed, which means they'll likely play Thursday night, probably around 8:30 PM.  I'd love to see us make a run at it, but to be sure I see them, I'm planning on being at that game.
So I have two questions for you all.  The first is who is planning on going to that game?  Tickets in the upper sections of the United Center are currently going for $7 or so, throw in parking and food and it's a fairly affordable option.
The other option, if there is interest in going all out, is one of the rental suites at the United Center.
For example, if there are 20 people who are interested and confirm, I will call and see about availability of one of the penthouse suites (again, for example).  That would be $5850 for one of the "classic" menus (add $325 for the premium beverage package because go big or go home), meaning $308.75 a person, and that likely won't include everybody's parking.  That's the cheapest option, there are others.  I can vouch for the BMO Club, but that's a fair amount more expensive.  Here's the kicker though, I obviously wouldn't be able to confirm this and book it until the seeding is locked in, and there's no guarantee that any of these are still available.
I'll be honest, part of me wants to do that and make an event of it.  The other side says take the money, get a moderate seat and there is still plenty of cash left over to eat and drink.
Anyway, sound off if you're planning on being there at all and let me know either in the comments or via email if you're interested in a suite.

(cross posted at BHGP)

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Go Iowa Awesome unless otherwise noted.