Agree with all of that, and I'll add that JBo should look like a different player with his plantar fascia healed. That should help things substantially as well.
This is like debating one of the robots from the Old Glory Insurance commercial, but fine.
1) Mike Riley has never been able to hold Kirk's jock. I think Kirk knows that.
2) Kirk hired one kid, not everyone. Brian worked for Bill Belichick and was courted by Bill O'Brien for the Texans. It's not like Mary's the defensive coordinator.
3) Nobody's suggesting the last 10 games don't factor into anything.
4) Nobody's suggesting we just sweep away the last decade, even if it includes an Orange Bowl victory and wins over every single "great" coach the B1G has offered.
5) I do ask that you move your feet and feel united.
6) Oh yeah.
They also had the following factors:
- Played the top 3 teams in the Big Ten East
- Started a new quarterback
- Lost both starting offensive tackles and replaced them with freshmen
- Played walk-on Jake Gervase after presumptive free safety Brandon Snyder played one game on a fragile ACL
- Started true freshman Matt Hankins after presumptive shutdown corner Manny Rugamba struggled and was benched twice
And they did what they did. I'm not gonna hate this season. No way.
Honestly, same, I can't really enjoy watching teams that don't want to be out there.
Buuuuut... BEAT EM DOWN.